Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Monday, December 7, 2009

Write From the Soul 6 and a half

Bloggers are frequently sending "awards" to each other- for being hysterical, helpful, true blue, honest- and these are often accompanied with questions to answer. I was sent one for being a loyal follower of someone's blog so now I feel like I'm part of the blogger club :-) As soon as I can figure out how to get the blasted picture to appear on my page, I'll add it in here! Then I can share it with someone else. Meanwhile, here are the questions with my answers.

1. Where is your cell phone? sitting on the table in the living room
2. Your hair? perm-less until tomorrow- right now it's scary looking!
3. Your mother? giving
4. Your father? funny, loved by all, unfortunately passed on
5. Your favorite food? pizza
6. Your dream last night? usually they are bizarre but I can't remember one from last night
7. Your favorite drink? beer-imports, non-alcoholic-water

8. Your dream/goal? to get a literary agent
9. What room are you in? guest bedroom where the 'puter is located
10. Your hobby? designing/making jewelry
11. Your fear? going completely blind
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? I want to be right here, well not still in this room!

13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren't? skinny, and mean-spirited
15. Muffins? blueberry, with fresh berries
16. Wish list item? JAWS assistive technology software, oh and a laptop!
17. Where did you grow up? Detroit, Michigan
18. Last thing you did? eat breakfast
19. What are you wearing? jammies(okay, I'm being lazy today)

20. Your TV? frequently "background noise"- that happens when you live alone!
21. Your pets? none, I'm waiting until I need a guide dog
22. Friends? they are the best and extremely important to me (extended family really)
23. Your life? it may not be perfect, but it's mine and I'm keeping it thank you
24. Your mood? content
25. Missing someone? friends who don't live in the same area
26. Vehicle? Corolla until 12/13/09, then no car
27. Something you're not wearing? shoes, coat, hat, jewelry- is that enough?
28. Your favorite store? toss-up between bookstore and bead store where I buy supplies
29. Your favorite color? purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? last night
31. Last time you cried? about a week ago
32. Your best friend? don't have just one, but first would be my sister who is fiercely loyal
33. One place that I go to over and over? bookstore instead of the library, also to the beach
34. One person who emails me regularly? Laura, and Lois
35. Favorite place to eat? Sweet Tomatoes- love salad bars, especially when I didn't have to cut up the salad!


No comments:

Post a Comment