or if this is how I feel.
But whether it's boisterous or quiet, I am definitely thrilled to be going to my first SCBWI summer conference in Los Angeles!!!!
I'm flying to San Diego for three days to visit friends first- a longtime bud from college days and newer friend from an online critique group- then my college bud will drive me up to LA for the 4 day conference. I feel like a kid being dropped off at camp for a first-time experience!
I'm working on the packing now. I've got the clothes laid out and although I don't have a laptop to take notes in, I do have my notebooks and pens at the ready.
Here are my goals for the conference:
1) Have fun
2) Meet new writer friends, get blog addresses and emails
3) Be inspired
4) Have fun
5) Get a little sleep (of course I'm taking a red eye back to Atlanta so I the more tired I am, the better I'll sleep on the plane!
6) Take LOTS of notes in the workshops so I can clearly share the info with critique buddies back home.
7) Possibly make connections with a few agents and/or editors
8) Have fun (did I mention this already?!)
I'll be back, and human, after Aug. 3rd so no posting until then. If you're planning to be at SCBWI - LA, and we haven't touched base yet, please let me know through a comment or by email:
g underscore handle at bellsouth dot net
I would love to plan to meet up with you for: lunch, dinner, coffee, drinks, or just a chat.
California, here I come!