Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Write From the Soul 7

My day started waaaay too early . I got up, showered, dressed, out the door to go to a hair appointment. The day was gray, cold, and rainy so there was a feeling that it was the kind of day to stay at home and hibernate. I got to the shop and it hit; I don't think the appointment is today. Guess what? I was right!!! It's tomorrow morning! I've been a step behind all day.

Then tonight I got an email from a friend titled "Randon Thoughts." I just howled as I read them because I have thought these same things...really! Enjoy some humor.

Random Thoughts for the Day:

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately
clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I
was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm
pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how
the person died.

9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

10. Bad decisions make good stories.

11.
Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I
don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

12.
"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this
-- ever. 

13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks
me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I
swear I did not make any changes to.

14.
I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not
to answer when they call.


15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?
Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and
goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone
and run away?

16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not
seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

17.
I think the freezer deserves a light as well..
 


No comments:

Post a Comment