I hope you've enjoyed reading the highlights of the Writer's Workshop at Chautauqua as much as I've enjoyed writing them. I thought I'd close it out with some of the quirkiness of the place.
Do you see the large acorn on the right side of the photo? I imagine a squirrel spotting that would have thoughts of hitting the jackpot! Here's a closeup.
Then there's this fellow. Sometimes he (or is it a she?) sat in the yard; others times you found him/her on the porch. It must have been too heat for him/her as well!
Here's an interesting creature. Wouldn't want even one of these to join me at a picnic.
These were fun folks! I called them the Hall of Missions Singers and from a certain angle, their object of adoration seemed to be a pedestrian sign.To each his own Higher Power. :-)
Of course, I couldn't resist joining them!
*drumroll* And now for the book giveaway!!!
I have 6 books to giveaway and 3 of them are autographed!
- The Complete Idiots Guide to Publishing Children's Books by Harold Underdown
- Publicize Your Book: Getting Your Book the Attention it Deserves by Jacqueline Deval
- Writing From the Heart: How to Write for Children by Joy Cowley
- Bamboo People by Mitali Perkins
- Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
- Gone From These Woods by Donny Seagraves
Okay, here's how you can win......
- You must be signed on as a follower of my blog (+1 point)
- Leave a comment and include your email address. (+1 point)
- Tweet a link or Facebook a link or Blog a link back to my post. (+2 for each of these)
- Anyone who mentions seeing your tweet, FB post, or blog post gives you an additional point!
This contest runs for 10 days (Aug.10-20) and I'll post the winners on Monday, August 22nd. Now go out and spread the word, um words.