Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Monday, June 6, 2011

Disclaimer: I tried six times to get "The Rules" section to line up correctly and it JUST. WON'T. Not very stylish, I know. Sorry. GH
                                   For Me?

One of my blogger buddies awarded me the "Stylish Blogger Award" and like many awards in the blogosphere, it comes with rules.



                    The Rules 
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that person's blog. 
2. Share seven things about yourself.                                                                                                  3. Pass on the award to seven deserving blogs.
4. Contact those who you have nominated and congratulate them.

Thank you, Susanne Drazic!
 You are a faithful follower and always leave comments; I appreciate you!

Now for my 7 things about me.

1. I have a thing about the texture of the food I eat. I can't eat "gloppy" stuff without gagging. (This would include things like hot cereal, oatmeal, grits)

2. I love musical theater!

3. I'm participating in Highlights Foundation's Chautauqua workshop this July and I'm thrilled!

4. I had a fantasy, as a kid, of becoming a dancer in a Broadway musical- never had a dancer's body, but I could dream. :-) 

5. I channeled that dream into taking ballroom dancing lessons in my 20's and actually won a few awards, including a 1st place trophy in cha-cha. Okay, so it's not the mirror-ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars, but I did learn to do some of the same fancy steps.

6. I can't swim....I've taken lessons several times as a kid but water bigger than a bathtub or maybe a swimming pool puts me in a panic. And while I can't swim, I do love going to the beach. Go figure.

7.Bad swimmer = good drown er. I almost drowned- for real- once in Hawaii. I had visions of washing up on shore in California. Actually, I probably would have been shark food long before then. 

Now to pass on the award to some stylin' bloggers I know (and who are just plain inspiring to me).

Cathy C Hall
Pat Weaver

Hugs to all these women for being who they are, writing from their hearts, and inspiring me to keep working at my own writing.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Gail, my email address is
    dawgprint1@comcast.net
    email me any time... I'm a little behind in my blogs but I always answer emails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you, Gail! I think you're pretty special, too!

    And P.S. The Highlights workshop? I'm stinking jealous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you Gail! I'm SO EXCITED you are going to Chatauqua! I've heard it will change your life. Might not teach you to swim... buy hey, you can give that to one of your characters, right? I'm honored by your honor. Thank you for being such a bright spirit in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger wants me to comment as Anonymous on your blog.

    CONGRATS on your award! I think it looks very stylish on your blog. It was fun learning some new things about you. CONGRATS on the Highlights workshop, I'm excited for you! Of course, I hope you will blog about it upon your return, so we can find out how much fun you had.
    : )

    Susanne Drazic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Gail! Double hugs from us--and watch out...we are HUG people. You're too sweet.

    ReplyDelete