Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Write from the Soul 5

I am totally blank on what to write tonight. I have spent much of last week and will spend much of this week going to author presentations at the Marcus Jewish Community Center for their 18th annual Book Festival. So far I've heard Bruce Feiler, Michael Tucker and Jill Eikenbery, Susie Essman, A J Jacobs, Maggie Anton, Dara Horn, S J Rozan, Daniel Levin, and Dan Senor. Still to come are Bob Morris and Carol Leifer, Ernest Adams, Sara Houghteling, and possibly Jeffrey Zaslow. Hearing all that talent speak doesn't leave much time for one's writing. Besides, after hearing them, you want to read their books. But I can't read 8 books at once!

So I bid you adieu, I'll think writing next Tuesday before my brain becomes addled with Thanksgiving food:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment