Last May, while strolling around the Decatur Book Festival, I stopped to check out books by Indie authors. I don't know about you, but titles draw me in, not cover art. I picked up a book called Maze In Blue by Debra H. Goldstein because it reminded me of my college colors- maize and blue. I read the blurb and surprise, the mystery's setting was my alma mater, University of Michigan.
Fast forward....book purchased and as I began to read I discovered the main character's backstory included living in the same dorm I lived in AND the time frame was the same years I attended U of M. * insert The Twilight Zone music here* It was as if I was meant to connect to this author. Fast forward again.. I emailed Debra (who lives in our Southern Breeze region) and we've been corresponding ever since.
Somewhere between Jewish holidays (another connection, we're both Jewish) Debra asked if I'd like to be a guest blogger on her blog!
My post is appearing today! Please take a peak over there and let me know what you think.
I've been meaning to give away a few books as a thank you for helping me reach 100 followers. Now do I hear 150?? Just kidding!
Anyway, here's what I have to give:
* An autographed copy of Untraceable by S. R. Johannes (aka our own Shelli Johannes-Wells).
* An autographed copy of The Friendship
Doll by Kirby Larson
* An ARC of Beyonders 2: Seeds of Revolution by Brandon Mull with swag (a bookmark and a packet of real seeds!)
Here's what you do:
* sign on as a follower of my blog (name goes in once)
* mention on Twitter, and send me the link (name in again)
* mention on Facebook and send me the link (another chance)
* shout-out on your blog (4th opportunity)
You have until midnight, April 30th to enter. Winners announced on May 1st. Sorry, open to US and Canadian residents only this time.
My bookshelf loss is your gain!