Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Friday, November 25, 2011

             Holiday Overload

     Here's hoping everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with family and/or friends! If your family is like mine, there's an overload of yummy food and leftovers for several days.


     And the shopping overload begins today. Personally, I stay away from the malls until after January 1st! But I LOVE to shop at my local independent stores.To me, that feels like a way to help our economy.



        I was thrilled to see television advertising Small Business Saturday. Tomorrow, if you plan to do any shopping, please go to a small business and help them out. It could be in your neighborhood, it could be a shop you've seen and always wanted to check out. You can even make a purchase via the Internet because small businesses have web sites too, you know!


      So, while you're feeling thankful for all the joy and bounty in your life, bring some of that joy to others and "shop small" tomorrow! 


And enjoy yourself some football while you're at it.... Go Blue! [University of Michigan Wolverines]

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. One of the best ways to make your voice heard in a broken economy is to shop local. :D Also check out small, independent, and handmade business people ... they can be found online at http://etsy.com, http://artfire.com, and a myriad of other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a really nice Thanksgiving. Found time to work on NaNoWriMo, too. Avoided the stores for Black Friday. Can't handle those crowds anymore.

    ReplyDelete