Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Monday, August 29, 2011

                                  Over the Moon

Announcing the winner of the autographed copy  of Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Shector  *drum roll*


               Allison Macias !!!!

                                  *cheers and confetti*

Allison: please email me your postal address and I'll pass it along to Vicky so she can send you the book.

        Oh, and to anyone who lives near Atlanta, or will be in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, Vicky will be speaking (and I bet selling and signing books as well) at the AJC Decatur Book Festival .. She'll be there Sunday, September 4th, 3:00 PM at The Escape at the Decatur Library. Drop by and give her a listen!




Check out the full author listing on the book festival's web site.


4 comments:

  1. Gail, I am sending you an email now! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison: You are so welcome! Vicky will send it to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Allison!
    Hey Gail, I named you as an honorary winner in my 900's contest. Thanks for your suggestion for the prize. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail I got my book today! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete