Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Friday, May 13, 2011

Write From the Soul

                     Something Strange Is Going On

      Part of my daily routine is to check my email then hit the 'Net and quickly scan my favorite blogs. I followed the usual pattern this morning but noticed on the first blog that it had her Tuesday post. That was odd since yesterday I read her Thursday post. Okay, I thought, something is screwy on this site. 

      On to the next blog on the list, a blog that features a different post Monday - Friday. There was the post from Tuesday! This was starting to feel shades of Twilight Zone. I checked four more blogs and ALL of them displayed either Tuesday or Wednesday's posts. WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?????

      I guess the logical thing to do would have been shut the computer down, reboot, start over and hope I'd just popped briefly into an alternate Universe where only Tuesday and Wednesday exist. Nope. I had one of those "Groundhog Day" moments [I'm sure you remember the movie where Bill Murray was forced to relive the same day over and over?]  and decided I wouldn't deal with a Universe that only believed in midweek days. I announced -out loud- that I wasn't participating in this and when I came back to the computer in a few hours, I expected all to be right in my Internet world.

This weirdness took place around 10 AM and when I returned to the computer around 5 PM I went back to those same blogs. The Tuesday/Wednesday posts were gone and there, in their place, were Thursday posts!

Okay, was there a memo sent out stating this week we're having two Thursdays and I missed it????            

What do you make of this quirky event? 

1 comment:

  1. Blogger was definitely having some problems last week. One day last week when I tried to sign in, I kept getting messages saying that blogger didn't exist! Now that was weird. For now, all is right with blogging.

    ReplyDelete