Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Thursday, October 7, 2010

Write From the Soul

 A "Peach" of an Idea



             This week a wonderful book went on sale! It's The 12 Days of Christmas in Georgia by Susan R. Spain with illustrations by Elizabeth O. Dulemba. Both of these women live in our Southern Breeze region (Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia) and are fabulous people!! For those of you love to share different versions of a story or song, this book is for you! Read it to your kids, your grand-kids, your nieces and nephews, your class, a neighbor's kid, or any other kid you find (just don't stalk them...it's kinda creepy).

For those of you who love to share nonfiction with kids, try   Rosa's Bus. The Ride to Civil Rights by Jo S. Kittinger and illustrations by Steven Walker, another wonderful person from our Southern Breeze region. She tells the story of the bus boycott of more than a year in Montgomery, AL and the resulting Civil Rights movement.  The best part of the book? It's about the bus and it's journey.


These are great books to buy..... and maybe next year (or the year after that)  one of my books will be available to buy as well. (fingers and toes crossed)

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited that these books are coming out. I'm just sad that I won't be able to mingle with the authors at the Fall WIK conference. :(

    ReplyDelete