Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Thursday, January 21, 2010

Write From the Soul 12

The Southern Breeze SpringMingle  conference will take place the end of February. I can't wait! I went to my first "Mingle"  last year and found it inspiring, motivating, and fun! And I went not knowing ANYONE!!!

In this one year's time, I now know some people because:
  • I joined a writers' critique group
  • I've been to a few local programs featuring speakers who are writers
  • I started blogging and have some followers
  • I've been reading and following a dozen blogs and have connected with other writers
 To me, that's m-a-j-o-r progress for a year.  I'm looking forward to gaining new insight into writing, agents, publishing, marketing, and so much more at this year's conference.

I've already booked my room at the hotel but am willing to share with another writer/illustrator, if someone is wanting to pay half the rate. I'm a light sleeper, so a non-snoring female would work best for me. And I'd prefer a non-smoker because  residue smoke smell can activate my asthma (yeah, yeah, I know that's TMI about me- sorry!)

Soooooooo,if you're a SCBWI member, or a non-member, or you know someone coming to the conference, let them know there's a spare bed waiting!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, we're not going to the Mingle this year. Darn! Would love to see ya.

    ReplyDelete