Welcome!

I'm not new to talking, sharing ideas, or stating my opinion, especially stating my opinion! After all, I taught elementary school for 30 years! However, my audience has typically been smaller,just family, the classroom, or just talking to myself!

My blog has two goals: be an outlet for sharing thoughts on writing children's books and the path to publication (got my fingers crossed that I'll get there) and a place to chronicle my journey of losing my sight. Sometimes I imagine these two paths will overlap .


Saturday, October 27, 2012


                                                   

What's So Special About November? (Besides Thanksgiving)

       Those of you who write probably think the answer to the question above is: NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Yeah, that's one option. 

       But some of you might find NaNo overwhelming and too time-consuming. Thanks to Tara Lazar, there's another option: PiBoIdMo (Picture Book Idea Month. 
 
   It's a simple premise: Write down 30 picture book ideas in 30 days. You don't need to write the whole manuscript [although if you can do that in a day, more power to ya!], just jot down a sentence or two about a character, a scene, a setting. You might even pose a "what if" question. Not so time-consuming, huh!

   There are 'benies' to signing up for PiBo. P-r-i-z-e-s. Good prizes. Really cool prizes like winning a critique from an editor or a literary agent. Now who wouldn't want those kind of eyes eye-ing your manuscript? Of course, to be eligible, you have to register by November 4th. And you need to link back to Tara's blog. Oh yeah, you need to post the official badge on your blog or web site, or Facebook page....if you have one of those.    

But why am I telling you this stuff? Just follow this  link:

I'm signed up and sworn in. I've got my idea notebook begging to be filled.

So, who's with me on this? This is less fattening than your Thanksgiving meal!







2 comments:

  1. Hi, Gail! Have fun participating in PiBoIdMo. I'm doing NaNoWriMo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail,
    Great Idea here.
    Nice to be here.
    I just joined in.
    Keep inform
    Best Regards
    Phil

    ReplyDelete